Muhalabiyeh is a Middle Eastern milk pudding scented with orange blossom or rose water and topped with pistachios. It's a perfect dessert and so easy to whip up!
Every Middle Eastern home has a different variation of this amazing dessert. This one is my favorite!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
3 cups whole milk
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp orange blossom or rose water
3 tbsp water
1) Whisk milk, sugar, cornstarch, water, and orange blossom or rose water together in a saucepan until smooth. Place over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, and cook until it begins to boil.
2) Cook at a boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
3) Remove from heat and stir a few times to let it cool.
4) Divide into 4 bowls and let cool completely.
5) Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
6) When ready to serve, top with crushed pistachios.